#LiveTheAlternative in Montreal!
Proudly established in the heart of Old Montreal since 1996 and located 10 minutes away on foot from downtown, the Alternative Hostel of Old Montreal has the perfect location, allowing travelers to explore the city easily, without having to move far from the main spots of interest. The hostel is also one of the only affordable accommodation options in Old Montreal, a must-see district in Montreal. At our place, travelers are warmly welcomed by our team members into our spacious common area. Comfy, multifunctional and fully equipped, our lounge is the ideal place to make new friends over a coffee or a beer, work your magic in the kitchen and share a good meal with fellow travelers, and join in one of the many organized activities by the staff. In addition, most of our team members live in Montreal, which makes them fully able to answer all your questions in French, English, Spanish and Haitian Creole. As our awesome team is also passionnate about traveling, we offer a customized service and facilities designed according to your needs as a traveler, whatever your experience. Do you envision your trip as an opportunity to go off the beaten path? If so, we have a lot of alternative and unusual suggestions for you! Whether it’s your first or third time at our hostel, we want you to feel at home and have a memorable experience! And that’s why our hostel is bright, clean, beautifully decorated and has many amenities you would not have access to in another hostel. Find out why so many travelers fall in love with the Alternative Hostel by checking out the information below…
Why stay at the Alternative Hostel of Old Montreal?
- To rest in one of 8 comfortable, tastefully decorated and air-conditioned dorms (all beds have small storage baskets and lower beds have curtains) and private ooms offered at affordable prices (total of 54 places)
- To be located in the heart of the gorgeous historic area of Montreal and the Old Port
- To be 10 minutes away by foot from downtown and Montreal’s trendy neighborhoods
- To have access to a spacious common area, which has a fully equipped kitchen, as well as several workspace
- To benefit from the assistance and valuable advice of a multilingual staff (French, English, Spanish, Haitian Creole)
- Because we do a thorough maintenance of the premises and make sure to do regular treatments against bed bugs of all the rooms in a preventive way
- Because families and children are welcome in our calm and relaxing environment
- To encourage a company that is committed in adopting environmentally friendly practices and that values the artistic work of Quebec’s young generation
- To join in the fun during our special activities and themed nights
Why do we consider it as an alternative?
- We are one of the only accommodation options located in Old Montreal that offers affordable rooms and beds
- We value the purchase of local, organic and natural cleaning products
- We provide recycling bins for our clients to dispose of their recyclable residual materials – all dorms and rooms are equipped with bins
- We put compost bins for compostable residues at your disposal
- Most of our decoration items consists of works made by emerging artists to whom we wish to offer visibility